Thursday, October 6, 2011

Once more Around the Crossing

Sigh...Here we go yet again.

In his latest attempt to boost his reelection chances er, improve the City, Mayor Picard unveiled (with the requisite hoopla and self-promotion) the latest "final" plans for re-inventing our shoreline at the New Haven border.

Of course, Mr. "Stop-&-Shop will never build on Elm Street" (or, if you prefer, Mr. "Wal*Mart will never build on Saw Mill Road") is the same gentleman who killed the last "final" plan for this long-neglected parcel...simply because he didn't like the political affiliations of the builders...and pushed United Illuminating away.

Actually, this "final" plan - in the extremely unlikely event it comes to pass - actually looks pretty good from the City's side.  UNLESS THERE'S SOME "SWEETHEART" TAX BREAKS we haven't been told about.

At this point, I don't give a rat's butt WHO gets the credit; I don't even care that this is a blatant political ploy.

JUST DO IT! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I see you're the guy that paid for the ballot "cheat sheets" for the primary. What is this TPFWH? Never heard of it. Seems like a conflict of interest based on you're role during the elections don't ya think?

West Haven Bob said...

Face the facts, Anon - I did not "pay for" the literature put out by TPFWH; I am the Treasurer of that group. Secondly, that was the ONLY role I played in that primary. I had (and have) no official position overseeing West Haven's election process (and in fact, turned down a request to assist in this past primary because of that very reason).

Don't ya think ya should try to think before showing your ignorance?

Anonymous said...

So where's this Better Future for West Haven?

West Haven Bob said...

On Line C.

CT Bob said...

Hey Bob, I just noticed you were back. Congrats on being found innocent of whatever bullshit they were trying to pin on you, and welcome back to the legions of us who are (so far) allowed some semblance of Free Speech!

I'll make sure I check WHB on a regular basis now that I know you're able to speak your mind.