Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Well, Well...Lookie HERE!



Well, I'll be the first to admit it when I'm wrong.

You might recall that back in September (just before Team Picard last got its head handed back to it on a platter), I reported that West Haven Bob was blocked from all City computers. Well...as it turns out, not all computers got blocked (though I am blocked from most machines). Oops...my bad!

Now, using my nearly 30 years' experience in this area, I can definitively state that there are two - and only two - possibilities here:
  • The company that instituted the block (at Mayor Picard's behest) screwed things up, or:
  • Somebody arranged to get themselves exempted from the block.
The company that put the block in was owned by a family member of our Human Resources Director (seems like I heard that song played in West Haven before!), and was paid beaucoup buckaroos by the taxpayers for their work. Hmmmmm?

On the other hand, I can name only two persons who have the horsepower to demand an exemption...and they work across the hall from each other on the Third Floor. Hmmmmm?!?!

So...who do YOU think it is? The Tearful Tiger or Der Barron?

This sort of game is my major problem with the gang who infest the upper floors of the City Hall. They have no objection to the blatantly fawning "West Haven (urp) VOICE" being delivered into the vestibules of the building (or do they think City employees read this on their own time?)

The Picard forces have shown time and again (as I have shown on this blog) that their main motto is:

"The laws and the rules only apply to the little people; not to us!"





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not reporting anything makes you look like a very sore loser. I know you are involved in the recount but had the election gone your way I have a strange feeling something would have been posted


remember , you are trying trying to convince people you are "fair and balanced", lol

West Haven Bob said...

Actually, if you look back to the September 15th primary, I reported nothing until my job as moderator was completed.

As the recount is now completed, I'm back....with a vengeance!

Anonymous said...

I guess you were hoping I wouldn't check it out.

On September 16, ONE DAY AFTER THE ELECTION you posted this

http://westhavenbob.blogspot.com/2009/09/autopsy.html

In that blog you wrote.........

"NOTE: there will be a recount of the votes in the Fourth District, but as Steve Wydra is leading by nine votes, it is (based on my experience) unlikely to change very much if at all. As a disclaimer, as Head Moderator for this primary, I will be part of the recount, so I won't comment any further...until we're done."



I can't wait for you to explain this, lol

Lanse said...

Hi, Bob,

I had a problem understanding why you and the local politicians are using Freedom Of Information searches. I can't figure out what kind of data is being sought after and how it could be used to make the government better. Please clarify if you feel others may feel the same way. Thank you.

West Haven Bob said...

Lanse - FOIA is most frequently cited as the reason to force public officials to produce certain public documents.

In my case, I usually make a FOIA request simply to leave a paper trail of my request; but occasionally I have found it necessary to complain to the FOI Commission to obtain the documents I have requested.

Many public officials now require all requests for information come in the form of a FOIA request. The FOIA request itself is public, and anyone can see who has made requests in the past.