Friday, July 31, 2009

And Away We GO....


Well...it's started already.

An "anonymous" pamphlet has been circulated...making some extremely nasty comments about certain elected officials. (As much as I hate to admit this, I first found about this by reading the local party paper).

I haven't actually seen the letter, but I have had parts of it read to me. If what is alleged is true, the subjects should go to jail; but if these are just vicious lies, the writer is in a HEAP of trouble -- both criminally and financially.

This is (as they say) a "teachable" moment:

  • My blog name is "West Haven Bob". My real name is Bob Symmes (as anyone who looked at my Blogger profile could see). I don't hide my opinions; nor do I filter the information - good or ill for my chosen candidates or opponents. Those who screen the news - or who hide behind "anonymous" screen names - toss away 90% of the power of their opinions.
  • When ANYONE gets a flyer in their mailbox, and it doesn't have a "PAID FOR BY" disclaimer on it, TOSS IT OUT! I have made many flyers personally in the past, and they always say "PAID FOR BY ROBERT J SYMMES NOT APPROVED BY ANY CANDIDATE"...etc. Anonymous flyers aren't worth the paper they're written on.
  • If you get an offensive flyer or mailing, call the City Clerk or the number on the flyer! If it proves to be a fake, call the State Police. This is a SERIOUS crime...and it is OUR job to bring to justice those sicko's who are messing with OUR democracy.
Folks, we've got a lot of people wanting to spread false rumors about public officials. The TRUE rumors are bad enough.

Make sure you're getting the REAL dope on the political dopes before you accept "anonymous" / faked information.

No comments: