Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Own Personal Town Hall


Last night, sometime after 7:30 pm, someone decided to make a "non-digital" post on West Haven Bob.

This vehicle was the only one so favored on the street...and it reminds me of the time, back in 2001, when Jimmy Morrissey told me about the egging of a family member's house. At the time, I was working against him and his faction; but he still took the time to tell me how wrong it was for someone on my side to do such a deed. Needless to say, I knew nothing of the outrage against his family; and I would have been the first to finger the culprits had I found them out.

To those who thought this latest antic was a good idea: did you think this would stop my criticism of your preferred candidate? (It's tough to know which candidate's supporters did this, but - based on the above anecdote - it ain't hard to make a good guess!)

Secondly: do you think this was going to serve any purposes of yours? If the end game was to silence me, you failed miserably: I'll be even more determined to report your thuggery.

Finally: how are you any better than the paid shills who shout down all discussion at Congresspersons' Town Halls? How are you any better than the Communist-paid thugs who frightened ordinary Poles in 1981 (or the
or Hungarians in 1956, ot the Czechs in 1968)? Do you think that by employing NAZI-like tactics, you can frighten those who oppose you into sullen silence and obediance to your will?

I think not.

I think more of the citizens: of this City, of this State, and of this Country. The actions of a few THUGS -- no matter WHAT they try -- will not silence me; nor will they silence those who come later.

You and your tactics will fail; and our DEMOCRACY will survive your idiotic and sophomoric attempts to thwart it, or to somehow get around the WILL OF THE VOTERS.

Nice try, jag-offs....ya failed. try the house the next time...or try to get at my family: the result will be the same. I will find you out, and I will prosecute. I'll let you contemplate the value of your acts (over the next few years as the guest of our State...at least you'll have 3 round meals; plus more than you wish to receive!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know what I can do to help,Bob. Also, give me your recommendations as to who to vote for to make West Haven better, and I will accept your choices without question. Let's get it right.

I don't believe I ever thanked you for your service to this contry; thank you,Bob.

Lanse

Jessica said...

Give 'em Hell Uncle Bob!

West Haven Bob said...

Jessica - Ya can be DAMNED sure I will...Thanks!

Lanse (& everyone else that e-mailed me):

Thanks for all your support. This is a stupid act done by stupid individuals...without (I am sure) any knowledge of the candidates they support.

Sadly, THIS is what West Haven Politics have devolved into:

If you can't attack the message, attack the messenger.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Anonymous. This is childish vandalism at its best. I want to know who we should support to stop these types of actions. We cannot be strongarmed or feel threatened by these thugs. Let's get them out of office whoever they are!!!

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous! We have to stop these crazies. Do they think they can threaten us and damage our property in an effort to force us to vote their way! Absurd. Sorry that this had to happen to you Bob. I am sick of these types of sickos! Signed: The madhatter

Unknown said...

Who'd have thought that lowlifes would have a political opinion?? I guess their opinions weren't valid enough to go through the usual channels. If you find these creeps, nail the suckers.

West Haven Bob said...

C'mon, now... "low-lifes" don't have a political opinion?

Have you been to a Congressional Town Hall meeting lately?