Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Listenin' to the Whisperers


Boy, oh boy! Are the rumors floating around town!

In the aftermath of the dope-slappin' given to the team bearing his name, the latest whisper campaign has John ("I wuz out, now I'm in") Picard dropping out of the race again.

The last rumor (fed by his own supporters) ran something like this: had Picard's supporters won the September 15th primary, he'd have enough of a majority to install Stevie DeCrescenzo as Council Chair...then (after inauguration), John-Boy resigns, & voila! Mayor Stevie D.

Now we have the next chapter: John really didn't want to run; his moment of passion in front of the Town Committee was real. Now that the best he can get is 4 Council seats, he's ready to leave it all behind...now.

The last time really put the Dem leadership in a bind; I don't see that things have improved greatly since. Can you say, "Mayor Rossi"? No? Well, how about "Mayor Mullins"? Hmmm.

I really hope this one isn't true. I'd hate to discover that John Picard is really as much of a self-centered jackass as I've been saying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny. I drove by the supreme one's home today and noticed the absence of Picard for mayor signs that have been there for days!