Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Service, West Haven Style


UPDATE: I have been ordered to appear in court on Tuesday, October 6. With any luck, this will be the last of this little problem...but this is the last I'll say about this issue!

Between all the fun & frivolities of the past primary (including the recount), and in gleeful anticipation of the upcoming election, I decided to do something totally fun: I drove up to Massachusetts, to help my older sister during her illness.

Well, ya can get the boy out of West Haven, but ya can never wash the West Haven off the boy...

When I logged on this morning, I got an email from a friend saying I might have been "served" with a summons yesterday evening, supposedly requiring my demure presence in court today. I don't know if service was performed at my house, but I doubt it: I have neighbors who'd notify me if this had happened. (Incidentally, one would think - if this is true - the courts would require more than 12 hours or so warning time). Hmmmm?

According to the email, this is all about the recount held last Tuesday. I don't know what their problem is, since the recount (or "recanvass", as it's called legally) was performed to the letter of the law.

I'm not sure what this is really about (or for that matter, if this is real)...more details on this as they cross my eyes (and believe me, my eyes are quickly becoming crossed!)

No comments: