Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Musing about THAT Ad....


Once again, we're left with more questions than answers.

Let's work this through, step by step: The political committee ("Team Picard 2009") couldn't pay for the ad...that much is clear (If you need any proof, go to the City Clerk's office in City Hall and ask to see the financial disclosure forms for "Team Picard 2009".) And whoever really paid for it didn't want their name tagged onto the ad.

So...who did pay for this ad?

Whoever did, knew (a) they could get away with it (because our emasculated Elections Enforcement Unit can't deal with it until February or March at the earliest); and (b) it wouldn't matter anyway, because SEEC will never overturn an election, or order a new election --- unlike they did in West Haven in 1981 (No...momma Rell won't like dat!)

So..whoever pulled this one off, knew they'd be in the clear. They'd face a fine of up to $10,000...but what would they care? They'd get that much (and more) in the coming two years, if Picard's candidates won.

Can anyone think of someone who fits this profile?

The Latin for this is: CUI BONO, (translated: "Who benefits"). Who, I wonder, is the coglione that did the Mayor's dirty work for him?



Hmmmmm??????

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in know way a fan of Ken Carney, I dislike him in fact but you are setting yourself up for a lawsuit from which from what I hear you are going to be served with next week.

West Haven Bob said...

Oddly enough, I do like him...but I have my doubts about what his dealings are vis-a-vis the City.

As for a lawsuit, bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Excellent work Bob! Question, there was a article in The NH Register about the Acorn property today. Just wondering has Stew Leonard been approach in regards tot eh property since he was pushed out of Orange?

West Haven Bob said...

As far as I've heard, (1) Beckerman won't enter into any serious discussions with specific retailers until he get the zoning he desires, and (2) Stew Leonards apparently has no plans to develop a store anywhere until the Orange situation is resolved and the economy improves.

Too bad...it'd bring some competition and jobs...

Anonymous said...

As I said you better hope carney placed that add for Picard and you better be able to prove it.


I have a strange feeling you have never had to defend yourself in a lawsuit before because all you have to gain is nothing but it can cost you a lot of time, headaches and cash. Being in the bar bus for 20 years I know this and have defended myself against many frivilous suits

West Haven Bob said...

I am very aware of both the slander and libel laws....And - like yourself, as you say - have been involved in many frivolous suits against me (mostly my family)...I have a good lawyer.

That being said, I thank you for your warning. What you said is good advice for all bloggers: to post responsibly. Too often, bloggers mistake the First Amendment to be a license to say whatever idiocy comes into their heads (the same goes for Republican Congressmen, as well)

Anonymous said...

That being said if you have proof carney paid for the ad I'd love to see it, lol

West Haven Bob said...

Well....since I've been told a lawsuit is "coming next week"...you'll have to wait for the proof. Let's just see what unfolds.......Hmmmm?

Anonymous said...

I'm just stating what I hear , I don't live in WH anymore but I'm still close to a lot of people and the people I heard this from are not known to lie about stuff like this.