Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Questions

Over the long weekend (in between barbeques and laptops), I took some time to reflect on my recent (electronic) exile from the City...and I ended up with more questions than answers.

Now, I know and can prove that John Picard and Baron Barron flat-out lied to the Register when they claimed that this blog wasn't singled out; but that will have to wait until I explore legal avenues. But clearly, my post about Picard, "Fast Eddie" Marcus and selling property tax liens triggered something that resulted in the explicit order from the Mayor to block West Haven Bob. What was it, I wondered...

What it this picture:


While anyone could be excused for feeling insulted at seeing themselves portrayed as a "man-pig", I knew this wasn't the main issue; I've made far worse portraits of our "proven financial manager":











Now, if he didn't get insulted when shown to be fiddling while West Haven burns, or as a cynical politician who would fake tears to get public sympathy (really!), or as a grotesque monster, I doubt this picture really honked him. (And, by the way, the illustrations I use are usually satirical - for amusement only. Just in case you didn't know....)


No, it was something in the post that really set him off...






So...there's something about the sale of property tax liens to American Tax Funding that John Picard REALLY doesn't want City employees to see. Maybe there's someone in the building who can put two and two together, which might cause mucho problemos grande (or worse, problemos legal) for our boy.

Hmmmmm......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob,

Here's a good example of tax dollars being wasted> I'm sure you read this story a few weeks back. No citations were issued to these 2 clowns:

http://whvoice.com/9/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=304:ws-crew-save-jet-skiers&catid=25:local&Itemid=2

West Haven Bob said...

This Jet-Ski episode...as well as the recent incident of a pipe-bomb carrying lunatic (the second in just a few months)...have put West Haven well into the "News of the Weird" category.

Everyone should thank the Police, Fire and Paramedics for the fantastic job done in each case - their professionalism & training shines through the usual murk.

But you bring up a good point: why weren't the jet-ski idiots not charged (or at the least billed for the expense?